Our school’s ethos and behaviour policy are based on Gospel values, with the important commandment being, ‘Love one another as I have loved you’. Assemblies constantly promote respect for others and the importance of good manners. All pupils are taught the importance of self-respect, honest and open communication with others and fair play. Pupils work collaboratively and value others’ opinions.
We follow the value of Mutual Respect by:
- our Jesuit Pupil Profile values which are studied on a half termly basis;
- adopting and embedding a strong positive behaviour and anti-bullying policy which contains clear rewards and sanctions;
- studying other faiths which involves visits to places of worship;
- teaching about respecting ourselves and others through our SRE curriculum;
- Eco-warriors being involved in caring for our local environment;
- Global gang work on Water Aid, Fairtrade Fortnight and other initiatives to raise awareness.